Enterprise Content Management – Oracle
e-Tech Systems is an Oracle Gold partner and is specialized in providing ECM solutions based on Oracle technology.
Oracle provides leading-edge solutions for all types of content management needs. From file server consolidation to sophisticated multisite web content management, Oracle WebCenter suite of solutions provide robust, scalable solutions, along with a powerful infrastructure that allows you to create content-enabled applications.
§ Core Capabilities (formerly Oracle Universal Content Management)
Provides everything you need to create a vast range of content management applications. Oracle Universal Content Management is built upon a single, unified architecture that allows organizations to deploy Web content management, document management, digital asset management and imaging applications—supported by collaboration, records management and business process management services—on one platform. This architecture enables customers to fully leverage content management investments across the organization and throughout various applications.
§ Records (formerly Oracle Universal Records Management)
Enables the centralized administration and application of records and lifecycle policy across a corporation.
Records offers a scalable and flexible capability to systematically apply records and lifecycle management policy across your organization. Records features a central policy engine that serves as the single source for all record schedules and retention policies, providing records managers with a single environment to control and manage records and non-records and set retention policies on everyday business content.
§ Rights (formerly Oracle Information Rights Management)
Information security technology that secures and tracks sensitive digital information everywhere it is stored and used.
Oracle WebCenter Content's rights is a form of information security technology that secures and tracks sensitive digital information everywhere it is stored and used. Conventional information management products only manage documents, emails and web pages while they remain stored within server-side repositories. Oracle WebCenter Content's rights uses encryption to extend the management of information beyond the repository - to every copy of an organization's most sensitive information, everywhere it is stored and used - on end user desktops, laptops and in other repositories, inside and outside the firewall.
§ Imaging (formerly Oracle Imaging and Process Management)
Provides imaging and business process management capabilities for enterprise and business applications.
Herein we outline a few of e-Tech Systems’ successfully implemented projects in this area:
Arriyadh Development Authority (ADA), Saudi Arabia
As a result of the Arriyadh Development Authority (ADA) computerization strategy, ADA issued and RFP where it requested a solution to archive and manage its document content in a central repository where access to such content is to be available through ADA portal. The solution is to be capable of archiving and managing ADA daily work across its lifecycle and to archive ADA backlog.
e-Tech Systems bid (and won this bid) for this project where e-Tech proposed a solution that answers to ADA RFP requirements and business needs. The proposed solution consisted of products and technologies from Oracle that are capable of delivering the requirements envisioned and much more. The proposed solution is a scalable solution that can grow with ADA needs and is offered in a clustered active-active production deployment scenario to provide high availability and load balancing requirements so as to ensure business continuity.
The proposed solution consists of a central content repository to handle ADA imaging, content and archiving needs. This repository is to be deployed centrally at ADA Al-Riyadh Head Quarters. Secure access to this repository will be available to local or remote Authorised ADA users.
The proposed solution accomplishes the following:
– Improves daily performance and increases efficiency through using a centralized repository for all the contents in ADA with an integrated approach for capturing, storing, managing, maintaining and accessing the documents.
– Provides wide access to all the content/information inside ADA while respecting the different security needs and the regulations inside ADA.
– Provides an integrated framework for all the business processes inside ADA; in order to improve the business productivity.
– Implements digital signature technology to enable managers to use their digital signatures instead of written signatures.
– Provides an enhanced project scheduling methodology that enables top management to view the up-to-date status of all ADA projects.
– Reduces error rates of relevant human driven processes
– Facilitates access and generation of related reports
– Uses modern methodologies and technologies that deliver a truly world class solution that is feasible, scalable, reliable, flexible, practical and most of all suits ADA systems’ vision.
– Services offered to archive ADA backlog of files (physical paper documents) A4, A3 and A0 sizes. The backlog is to be uploaded and managed through a central archive repository
Saudi Food & Drug Authority (SFDA), Saudi Arabia
SFDA issued and RFP describing its objective to establish a BPM environment to automate its running processes starting with its ‘Establishment Compliance Process’ so as to improve daily performance and to increase human resources efficiency and productivity. SFDA required the automation of its processes utilize the latest Oracle fusion middleware products and technologies.
e-Tech Systems bid (and won this bid) to implement an Oracle solution based on SOA architecture that covers the abovementioned requirements.
e-Tech Systems services covered the study of SFDA process(es) as listed in the RFP with all related aspects including people, systems, forms, and work steps. The study identified related process inputs, duplication of work and data, and time delay. Several ways for improving the process(es) were identified taking into consideration the legal framework (Laws and Regulations) governing SFDA. Process(es) modeling was done utilizing modeling tools from Oracle and automation followed utilizing latest Oracle fusion middleware products and technologies.
Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA), Jordan
Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA) issued an RFP requesting an enterprise level solution that would automate several of its processes and make them available through a portal interface (internet and intranet).
The ASEZA processes integrate with various ASEZA running applications. These processes need re-engineering and optimization. An Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution was also requested that would facilitate data exchange and integration with the automated processes. Additionally, the ECM is to integrate with the various applications currently running at ASEZA.
The solution would be developed on open industry standards that facilitate integration with the existing and target solutions at ASEZA to improve business visibility and collaboration, reduce integration costs, and ensure investment protection.
e-Tech Systems bid (and won this bid) by providing an Oracle solution based on SOA architecture that covers the abovementioned requirements.
e-Tech solution covers:
– Study and analysis of 31 ASEZA operations (processes/services) of different complexity in various departments in addition to conducting the needed process analysis, re-engineering and modeling in order to automate these processes (e-services) through Business Process Management (BPM) system
– Automate optimized and re-engineered processes via BPM
– Integrating automated processes with ASEZA applications
– Archiving and electronically managing ASEZA documents through an Enterprise Content Management system (ECM)
– Integrating ASEZA applications with ECM
– Data migration and cleansing of ASEZA digital backlog data to new ECM
– Development of ASEZA interface portal that will work as a unified and secure single point of access to all enterprise information and services
– The portal solution will provide e-services to the different businesses through a secure, reliable and web-enabled solution that is based on latest technology standards.
– GIS module: The system will be based on BPM technology integrated with an electronic process mapping, GIS, & RDBMS for tracking land ownership, land related resolutions, & real estate contract management. The GIS will provide data to all stakeholders in ASEZA’s concern through a WEB based environment which will have various levels of security.
– Supply necessary Oracle software licenses
– Supply various scanner hardware ranging from A4 to A0 book scanners
– Knowledge transfer and training
INTRACOM, a Jordanian software company and regional e-Business suite Oracle implementer, chose e-Tech to implement a Content Management Solution, Oracle Universal Content Management (UCM), and capture solution, Oracle Document Capture, for 2 departments within INTRACOM.
e-Tech services cover performing a detailed study and analysis of INTRACOM departmental content and archiving requirements. Building the archiving structure for 2 departments (Finance and HR) within INTRACOM in addition to Integration between Oracle UCM and INTRACOM finance and HR applications. Setting up the environment for backlog archiving in addition to conducting necessary training for users and administrators on proposed solution components.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.